Remote • Design Team
Weekly Hours: 40
Scope for Permanent Placement: Available
Weviaa is looking for a Web Designer to join our team! We are a full service global digital marketing, branding, design, and advertising agency specializing in creating meaningful and memorable experiences for large brands. We are a global network of creative individuals who use creativity and innovation to design trustworthy brands, create unique experiences, and build loyal connections. Together we craft products, services, and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Weviaa might be your dream job.
About the Role
The Weviaa Design Team is looking for a talented Web Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design. They should also have superior user interface design skills.
The successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts. They will be able to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
As a Web Designer, you’ll:
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Weviaa, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the workweek) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Web Designer if you have:
- Experience as a web designer.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies.
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts subject is preferred.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
We lead the design, advertising, and marketing of brands to ensure the precise development and execution of world-class communications. We believe that design matters. Design has always been at the heart of Weviaa and the work that we do, and the design team is at the creative core of Weviaa. You will play a big part in upholding these values and driving innovation and creativity through your design work. We believe in a strong eye and passion for design with a strong attention to detail, being resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results-oriented with high energy and positivity.
Our mission is to inspire and empower people by challenging conventional creativity through imagination and innovation. At Weviaa, people are always at the core of our hearts, so we partner with brands to create meaningful and memorable experiences, that impact people and move them forward. Although we are the wearer of many hats, we stand out for our design, branding, marketing, consulting, and content development skills. Though we are so much more than that, we are a genuine strategic business partner.
We are responding to the challenges of COVID-19.
- A remote-friendly company: We are looking for smart, talented, and creative folks to help us support brands to adapt and empower people to move forward. And yes, we are remote-friendly. So yay!
- Creating flexible collaborations: Our teams collaborate and chat remotely, and we are super flexible around schedules. Our hiring process has gone remote too.
- Keeping our family safe: We are transitioning into a completely remote-friendly place. We are helping every possible employee transition to work from home.
Weviaa is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. Our mission is to empower everyone, so to serve everyone we believe in including everyone. We are dedicated to building a team where diversity in ideas and identities is not only welcomed but encouraged.
- Empowered from day one, mentoring, and guidance at every step. You’ll not just learn, but you will teach here too.
- We’ll encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you and shape your role accordingly. We’ll actually give you 4 hours a week to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
- We’ll provide you with first-hand experience in your professional realm.
- We’ll provide you a platform of growth and opportunity.
- We offer very flexible working hours.
- We offer you the potential to receive course credit through the intern’s academic department.
- We’ll give you a professional resume consultation & critique.
- We’ll give you an interview loop experience opportunities with industry professionals to help you gain valuable interviewing experience.
- We’ll give you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful professional in your field and a healthy human being.
PLEASE NOTE: Weviaa never charges/accepts any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
Think you're a good fit for the role?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world and you’re up for the challenge of working remotely for a distributed team, we would love to hear from you and explore the value you can add to our team.